Inter-Campus Shuttle Service Disconnected
On July 23, 2018 it was announced that Illinois Tech will no longer operate a shuttle between the Mies (Main) Campus and its other campuses, including the Downtown Campus (DTC).
Housing Options for DTC students
The Stuart School does not endorse any housing company, service, or building but we are aware that many students who take classes at the Downtown Campus live at Presidential Towers or at Tailor Lofts Student Apartments.
Students who attend classes at DTC have a ton of housing options in city and Chicago suburbs, depending upon their individual preferences. Some students prefer downtown-living and the convenience of walking to DTC, while others enjoy the lifestyle of the city's many neighborhoods. Either way Chicago offers many ways to make your journey to campus easy and reliable.
TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE DTC:
- CTA (el and bus)
- CTA U-Pass
- Rideshare services
DTC is easily accessible by public transportation. Below are a few of Chicago's neighborhoods, however you do not need to restrict your search entirely to these areas.
- Downtown: Loop, West Loop, Printer's Row (South Loop), River North, Streeterville
- North Side: Old Town, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Wrigleyville
- Far North Side: Andersonville, East Rogers Park, Uptown
- South Side: Bronzeville, Hyde Park, Bridgeport, Pilsen
- Near West Side: Wicker Park, Bucktown, Logan Square
- Suburbs: DTC is located near two of the main Metra train stations which makes commuting from many of the neighboring suburbs convenient. Popular suburbs adjacent to the city include Oak Park and Evanston.