The Master of Technological Entrepreneurship (MTE) at Illinois Tech is an innovative graduate program that gives aspiring high-tech entrepreneurs the skills and knowledge they need to make their business ideas a reality.
By combining courses in business, law, and design from top-ranked programs within Illinois Tech--a leading tech-focused university in Chicago--the MTE offers a number of advantages for individuals looking to launch startups in the high-tech space. This one-year program is designed to be completed full-time with a cohort of fellow entrepreneurs, and will draw on Chicago’s rich entrepreneurial community to further your business development.
The MTE is ideal for entrepreneurs with a background in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics looking to gain the necessary business, design, innovation, and legal skills to develop successful enterprises where technology plays a key role.
The MTE is also a great program for professionals who already work within the high-tech space. The program will help students explore ways to apply innovative, entrepreneurial, and design-thinking approaches in current work assignments.
- 6 core courses
- 2 entrepreneurial electives, which can be taken through any program offered by Illinois Tech
- 1 six-credit capstone/practicum course where students will develop their business idea
- 30 total credit hours
- Degree requires three semesters (1 year) of full-time study.
|BUS 510: Building Innovative and Sustainable Businesses|
|MBA 576: Creating and Financing Technology Ventures|
|IDN 560: Introduction to Analysis and Synthesis in Design|
|IDX 562: Multidisciplinary Prototyping for Entrepreneurs|
|LAW 171: Entrepreneurial Law|
|LAW 505: Business Entity Formation|
|MTE 590: Building Technological Enterprises (Capstone)|
Tuition: $1,313 per credit hour (see the Student Accounting Office for relevant fees)
- Completed Online Application
- Undergraduate transcripts
- GMAT or GRE score within five years of testing date. The GRE or GMAT requirement may be waived for highly qualified applicants based on excellent professional or academic background.
- Professional Statement
- Letters of Recommendation