The Stuart School of Business in Chicago is home to one of the nation’s premier Master of Science in Finance programs. The program builds on a solid foundation in financial mathematics, statistics, and modeling, and offers a range of elective concentrations to prepare students for specialized careers in the financial services industry.
Students at Stuart benefit from Chicago’s status as a leading financial center. Courses are taught by industry experts who bring their career knowledge and understanding of today’s marketplace directly to the classroom. Partnerships with alumni and other professionals in the industry give students numerous opportunities to work on real-world projects and gain valuable professional experience. Financial competitions, including the annual CFA Institute Research Challenge, give Stuart students the chance to showcase their skills at an international level.
Ranked 6th in U.S. and 33rd globally overall by Financial Times
6 core courses
5 elective/concentration courses
33 total credit hours
Full-time students are expected to enroll in at least three courses per semester and can complete their degrees in two years. Part-time students can enroll in as few as one course per semester and can take up to five years to complete their degrees. View course listings and descriptions.
Finance Core Courses
- Mathematics with Financial Applications
- Statistical Analysis in Financial Markets
- Financial Modeling
- Valuation and Portfolio Management
- Futures, Options, and OTC Derivatives
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Corporate Finance
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Engineering
- Financial Markets
- Financial Programming
- High Frequency Trading
- Investment Management
- Risk Management
- Independent Study and Research Seminars
Stuart also offers a co-terminal degree that allows students to complete a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.) with a Master of Science in Finance (M.S. Finance) in as few as five years.
- Completed Online Application
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GMAT or GRE score within five years of testing date. The GRE or GMAT requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis for highly qualified applicants based on work experience and prior academic performance.
- Professional Statement
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score, if required.