Security, Safety and Risk Management Certificate
Four graduate certificate programs are offered in public administration. These programs provide students with a post-baccalaureate knowledge of an area of specialization with public administration. Students in these programs register as certificate students. Certificate programs require a set of four courses. Students who are admitted to a master’s degree program may apply coursework taken in a certificate program toward the requirements for his or her master’s degree.
This certificate is designed for professionals who want to increase their knowledge and skills in security, safety and risk management but do not currently have the time to pursue an M.P.A. degree.
The student will take one M.P.A. core course. The recommended core course is PA 502: Leading and Managing Knowledge-Intensive Organizations.
The student also will take at least 3 of the courses described below:
- PA 536 Homeland Security: Strategy and Structure
- PA 537 Homeland Security/Crisis Management
- PA 538 Information Systems Security/Cyber-Crime
- PA 539 Local Government Management
- PA 553 Public Safety Administration
- PA 556 Public Management Strategies for the 21st Century
- PA 579 Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- PA 588 Incident Response, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity