Nonprofit and Mission-Driven Management Certificate
Four graduate certificate programs are offered in public administration. These programs provide students with a post-baccalaureate knowledge of an area of specialization with public administration. Students in these programs register as certificate students. Certificate programs require a set of four courses. Students who are admitted to a master’s degree program may apply coursework taken in a certificate program toward the requirements for his or her master’s degree.
This certificate is designed for professionals who want to increase their knowledge and skills in nonprofit and mission-driven management but do not currently have the time to pursue an M.P.A. degree.
The student will take one M.P.A. core course. The recommended core course is PA 502: Leading and Managing Knowledge-Intensive Organizations.
The student also will take at least 3 of the courses described below:
- PA 565 The Nonprofit Sector
- PA 533 Advanced Financial Management For Public and Nonprofit Organizations
- PA 535 Resource Development in the Nonprofit Sector
- PA 543 Public Policy, Nonprofits, and Philanthropy
- PA 505 The Law and the Nonprofit Sector
- PA 541 Performance Measurement in Nonprofit and Public Management
- PA 540 Alternative Dispute Resolution
- PA 566 Nonprofits and the Public Sector
- PA 570 Social Capital and the Community
- PA 579 Ethics & Professional Responsibility