Master of Public Administration Degree
The IIT Stuart Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) degree provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to be effective managers in the public or nonprofit sectors. It combines academic rigor with a practical orientation toward management and policy analysis.
With an IIT Stuart M.P.A. Degree you can
Take your career to the next level
Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to gain a competitive advantage throughout your career in the fast-changing world of public and non-profit management. As an IIT Stuart M.P.A. student, learn from faculty who possess outstanding academic credentials and extensive practical experience.
Make a difference
Learn from and network with public and nonprofit professionals from a broad range of backgrounds, positions, and organizations. Become part of a dynamic group of students who share a common goal of contributing in significant ways to their organizations and society.
Become ready to lead change in your organization
Choose from specializations in nonprofit management or public safety and crisis management or economic development and social entrepreneurship. Master a host of managerial skills—related to policy formulation and evaluation, human and financial resources, strategic planning, and effective implementation strategies—to help you drive transformation in your organization.
Discover your competitive advantage
- Benefit from a convenient degree program designed to be completed by working adults on a part-time basis, helping you achieve a positive work/life balance.
- Classes meet one evening per week.
- No residency or thesis is required.
- Customize your educational experience with a variety of optional business electives, ranging from finance to environmental management. As one of the only programs of its kind integrated into a business school, IIT Stuart’s M.P.A. program is uniquely poised to offer you choice and flexibility.
- Engage in small classes that offer opportunities for one-on-one interaction with faculty and your fellow students.
- Learn from practitioner scholars who possess extensive experience in the private and public sectors.
- Attend classes on IIT Stuart’s conveniently-located downtown campus in the heart of Chicago’s West Loop. Our campus is near city, county, state, and federal offices, as well as expressways and public transit, including Ogilvie and Union train stations.
Complete an undergraduate program and the M.P.A. in five years
Bachelor of Science/Master of Public Administration (B.S./M.P.A.)
The B.S./M.P.A. co-terminal degree program allows students to complete both an undergraduate Business Administration (B.S.B.A.) or Political Science (B.S.P.S.) and a graduate Public Administration degree in five years. This approach enables students to gain greater knowledge in specialized areas while completing fewer credit hours, with better scheduling flexibility than completing the two degrees separately.
Application to and acceptance into the M.P.A. program is open to students who have attained at least junior standing in the B.S. program. Students must maintain a combined 3.0 GPA to be admitted to and remain in a co-terminal degree program.
The application for the B.S./M.P.A. co-terminal program is accessible through the myIIT portal. Under the Academics tab, locate the Graduate Admission-Student channel and then access the link for the co-terminal application. Learn more about co-terminal degrees.
Discover the Stuart M.P.A.!
To learn more about the program and the application process, please call us at 312.567.3020 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.